Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

10 Ideas for Masculine Cards


Boy Basics; Ten ideas to Inspire
 
 I have seen it over and over, how hard it is to make masculine cards.  It's hard to get away from pink papers, flowers and butterfly's.  But we should challenge ourselves to think about the boys!  With that in mind I have been making a few masculine cards this week. 
 
10 Do's for Boy Cards 
 
Put away the floral paper and stick with boy colours and masculine patterns.
Embellish with metal, buttons that are dark or wood perhaps.
Bottle caps are fun and add a heavy masculine embellishment.
Use male stamps, cars, boats or even trees.
Keep patterns minimal when picking paper for those boys.
Don't make it too fussy, simple and too the point.
Emboss metallic papers or metal with masculine embossing folders, metal, animal or polka dots.
Embossing Powders are great after stamping.  It gives a harder finish.
Instead of ribbon try Hemp Twine.  It's rough and you can ink it.
Keep your inks in the brown, blue, black, green and metallic tones.
 
This week I've made 3 Masculine cards.  I am drawn to a certain style and paper and I love making these cards.  Not because they are easy, but because they are so hard!  My son is off paint balling tonight for his friends birthday.  This card had to be extra special being his mom and I craft together.


The card is 5x 12 and scored at 2", 4", 8" & 12".  Check it out, my new TH Movers and Shapers Stenciled Number!!!  I adore this font and just picked this up last week, 40% off!  WOOHOO!  Today I made it into a stencil.  I put the set in my tray then cut that thick clear packaging (the stuff your dies are packed in) to fit.  Now I have one sheet of numbers.  Center each number then with my sponges I stenciled the 1 and 3.  LOVE IT!  Perfect font for Boys!

Gotta love those gears.  These are the Mini Gear, Movers and Shapers and the Fluer De Lis cut with grunge board, silver and gold paper.

When the card is opened I have silver paper embossed with TH Diamond Plate folder.  Nothing says boy like Diamond Plate. 

Keeping the sentiment simple from the Scrappy Moms Stamps Hooray for Birthday's set.  I added some twine, then mounted the 13 on a bottle cap.  You can get 100 bottle caps for $5 at a wine kit store.  Dirt cheap!  Or drink beer...

I hope this helps inspire you to think about the Boys.  And maybe the 10 ideas I use to inspire me might help you?
 
 

Comments

  1. I love the idea of creating your stencil! Brilliant! I may CASE this card, lol. I am waiting to see what else you share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts