Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

{Metal} Toy Soldier Christmas Tag

You may have seen this Toy Soldier before HERE.  I liked him so much I decided to recreate him using more colour.  I made this tag 3x making subtle changes with colour, felt and embossing folders. As before I cut my Toy Soldier, pine cone and sprig of metallic greenery out using Oven Liners, those trays that sit at the bottom of your oven to catch spills.  I find these are durable to handle my impatient hand! 
 
How about a grunge board cut of 25 and the middle gear using TH dies.  A little felt for the accents on the Toy Soldier is always fun! 

 
I embossed with my snowflake die, painted the whole thing with blue acrylic paint, wait for it to dry then sand off the paint to expose your snowflakes.  To make it POP I apply a generous amount of Versa Mark over the whole tag then coat with UTEE, heat for a thick clear emboss!  Then hot glue some jingle bells as holy berries.  I added a little alcohol ink for the cone and greenery.


I added the Tim Holtz Charm, attached the bow from the Movers and Shapers Wreath and added a layer of sparkle with red Stickles. 

 
Watch for more Holiday Tags coming up.  Including the variation of this one. 
 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I am liking that solder more and more.. love your tag.. colors are great.. take care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts