Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

12 Tags of 2013, July Tag

"WTH???  How am I going to pull this off?"...this is what I was thinking when I saw Tim's July Tag!  I knew it was coming for months.  It's been on the back of my mind, how was I going to make a Patriotic tag... knowing Tim was going to make one.  Then the week before the tags release, post after patriotic post...STRESS!  I really wasn't to sure how I was going to pull it off.  It's not like Sizzix is making any Canadian dies;/  Luckily, Provo Craft has the Go Canada cart:)  And with help of my Facebook Cricut experts I did it.

 
 
I don't have the deep cut blade but on the advice of my Crafty Peeps I upped the pressure and slowed the speed for my grungepaper:)  To be safe I used a new mat.
 
I set to Multicut and at 5", I cut my flag.  Ummm...first time using this feature.
I am SOOOO EXCITED...IT WORKED!!!
 
I  cut more Maples at 4" for the bottom where Tim used stars.  Lots of crackle...mmmm gooey:)
 
This Canadian Girl used white instead of blue.  FYI; The white stain doesn't show up on the manila tag so I used the paint.  In the absence of my brayer (I gave it to my SIL...Oops!) I just made a couple strips of ink and sprayed with water.
 
 
Stamp away...I couldn't help but use the rail road tracks.  I think it's a CP Rail thing.  If you live anywhere near a Fairmont you get it.  Especially living so close to Banff and Lake Louise;) 
OK, you're wondering about the Birthday stamp.  Well it is Canada's Birthday and my husband's birthday.  Oh ya, I have his birthday tag done for next year;)
Lot's of inking and boy am I a mess.  The lady at Timmy's asked if I was finger painting...Ummm ya I was!!!!
Even though I'm a mess love this technique!  What a POP!
Get everything for gluing.
I don't have the Washi "yet" so I grabbed my rubs...why not:)
Not bad and they get those numbers in there. I stamped the mini pointy finger and glued all my leaves.
 
Love how the stain make the crackle pop right out. I popped my big Maple Leaf on a dimensional.
The ribbon done this way is fantastic!

I didn't add a "1" as Canada Day is July 1st.  I tried it in a few spots and wasn't liking it.
 
I'm so happy I found my way through this patriotic flag tag.  It's not often I am stumped.  I love the challenge but this one stumped me for a week.  LIKE CANDY CRUSH LEVEL 65!!!!  That kind of challenge:)
 
I'm so happy I got this "summer" tag done.  Now to get through August!  Your turn Tracy's Treasures;)

Comments

  1. Wow you did it.. I to had a hard time with it but came up with Canadian idea as well.. Love what you did with yours.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag turned out awesome Nicole!!!
    How much more Canadian can you tag get...I love it!
    I still haven't done June's tag (hanging head in shame).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea...Yay Canada...love the way you did that flag...it almost looks like it has droplets of rain on it...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I did complet my tag for July on the very last day ;)

    Your tag is so detailed and it turned out great.
    Hard to believe you were stumped at all!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts