Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Tutorial; Watercolouring and Spritzing

I'm supposed to be working on a BIG crafty project.  But I wanted to play with my new TH Spritzer and Distress Markers...oh and the new Nature Walk stamp set.  This is another project using my "Ready" made backgrounds I mentioned in yesterday's POST.  When I have extra project I grab a tag or card stock and soak it up.  Then it goes in this box of "READY" paper for quick cards or tags.
 
This is a girly tag!  Are you shocked...GIRLY!
 
There's my tag, inked and ready! 
 

It's my first time using the new nature walk stamp set.  I have all of these in the bigger sets.  So, I like having the mini too.  Makes my crafting more versatile!  And I have issues!


I am a LUCKY CRAFTER!  I picked these Distress Markers up 2nd hand and brand new last week! 

 
I used shabby shutters for the lady.  I'm not going for a witch look here.  Just subtle.

 
I used tattered rose for her eyes.  It's my first time using these markers so I'm going soft.
 
I inked vintage photo and watercoloured it too.

 
My tag was done but I added some ink and a stencil.

 
There's my new distress marker spritzer I picked up at The Scrap Yard yesterday.  I am so excited, this has been high on my must have list!

 
I spritzed the peeled paint distress marker and it's a subtle layer.

 
I cut the lady and added some fringe klassine.

 
This is all about the scraps from the watercolour paper, klassine, tag and this small piece of tinsel.  It's my last piece. {sad face}

 
I stamped the flowery stamp then more distress markers to colour in some of the bits.

 
I love the Fig. stamp so I stamped onto my crinkle ribbon.

 
I added the new life quotes remnant rubs to the bottom and distressed.

 
A little paint for some idea-ology!  Loving all the new distress paint colours.

 
Dabbing with your finger gives a random look.


Apply some heat until it just starts to dry then rub off the paint.

 
VOILA!  I think it's unlike any tag I've ever made.

 
I had no idea what I wanted to do but I love it!


The added paint and rubbing it off really creates this great patina look for the clock and pen nib.

 
I rolled the paper to give it a scrolled warn look.  Then attached some film ribbon.

 
  Scrunching the klassine and showing off the floral stamp behind adds layers and a classic vintage feel.  Almost a crown?

 
Using more of the nature walk stamp I layered the sparrow, feather and that awesome Fig. stamp.

 
I popped her up on dimensionals so she's floating on the tag!
 

I am so pleased...are you?  This would for sure be a first for me...feminine tag!  Feminine isn't something I usually craft.  But I am digging her.
 
I added a few challenge elements to challenge myself. 
 
Frilly and Funky Challenge; Time after Time "clock"
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge; Transparent "film strip"
 
Thanks for checking out this girly tag!  As always I thoroughly enjoy your sweet comments!  So thank you for always for stopping by and taking the time.
 
 photo CNSSignature-3.png

Comments

  1. Wow! Great tag, Nicole! I love what you did with the lady/face stamp, so subtle yet pops out!!
    I also love your new layout of your blog! It's so you!
    **hugs**
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it too :) love the colours and the stamps! Awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great tag.
    This type of feminine is so you :)
    I love using the distress markers for water colouring. My favourite way to use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag Nicole! You are a lucky girl!!!!!! Here in Italy there isn't the new wonderful tool !!!! I'm waiting and I hope it arrives soon! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole - I love what you did with the tag - I especially liked how you gave her a crown. I think that all your textured pieces work incredibly well together and give the tag a fantastic sense of life and originality. I also wanted to say - thank you for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nicole you net let me down when I pop in to check on what your creating ....
    wish I was closer adn could crop with you ...
    I am sure I would learn a few new things!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag Nicole, I love that you popped her up, it creates some wonderful dimension. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your marker holder!!! Your tag is absolutely gorgeous! Love the head piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful design and loved seeing the creative process including her beautiful headress! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many clever ideas here Nicole to produce a beautiful tag. Love the way you've aged that clock piece. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made a great tag with your new crafting goodies. Love the aged clock and that gal's wonderful "crown". Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is totally awesome. I adore the faux crown. It reminds me of our Lady Liberty. Wouldn't that make a wonderful 4th of July card for us. TFS your talents once again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool tag, Nicole! I loved reading how you put her together. The crowned look is fab and so is your background. That aging of the clock face with the paint is sensational. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Frilly and Funkie! Always great to have you playing along with us.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts