Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

A New Little One


It's official, last week I became a Great Auntie!  While my niece labored away I worked on a baby card.  I had no idea if it was a girl or boy so I went with pink and green...I should have done blue and green...IT'S A BOY!
 
Here's a quick post on the card I made.
I love the stamp, my favorite from the random quotes set.
I cut a matchbox then cut an oval with my movers and shapers oval die.  It shifted so it's a little off.  Since then I used an oval punch giving me more control.  I don't redo my mistakes, I go with it.
I inked one of my flowers with peeled paint ink.  I like the contrast.

I crackled the mini glass jar then added the wee tag with twine.  I stamped from the #hashtag set without the "#".

I stamped the side of the matchbox with another #hashtag.  These stamps are a perfect fit!

I'm thrilled to be a "Great"!  I cannot wait to meet the newest addition to our family.  We leave in a week to the coast!  I look forward to newborn baby snuggles.
Watch for an upcoming baby project for the nursery!
 
Craft Hoarders is hosting a challenge, Pick Any Stamp
 
Thanks for looking and leaving comments!  I always appreciate reading them!
 photo CNSSignature-3.png

Comments

  1. Wow lovely and I am sure the new mum will love it.. that rose in the bottle is such a great touch.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card and I love the ide of the matchbox with the flower inside, so clever and to my eyes it doesn't matter at all that it's a bit off center.... I bet it will be much appreciated and who says boys can't have a pink card, specially one as gorgeous as this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and 'little one' won't worry about the colour :) I think it looks fantastic and I LOVE that you crackled the little vial--clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!
    And beautiful card. Love the rose in the box on it. Very cool.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Nicole! Beautiful card, wonderful idea the rose inside the matchbox! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on becoming a Great Auntie - that quote is such a wonderful one, perfect for the occasion. I love the flower in the little bottle too, very clever and beautiful! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet simplicity! Love the rose in the crackled vase, love the sweet, sweet sentiment. Congrats, Great Auntie! Thanks for joining Challenge #5 at Craft Hoarders Anonymous: Pick a Stamp, Any Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful card. Can't wait to become a GR-auntie. My eldest nephew got married last year!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you and to the family! Gorgeous make...love the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Nicole and perfect for baby, enjoy your cuddles when you get them xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is wonderful! I love the matchbox with the pretty vase and rose inside. Congratulations are coming your way as well! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card, congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on becoming a grand auntie, Nicole! I am sure you will be the best grand auntie of all!
    Love your adorable card with the bottle. Brilliant colour choice too! Very pretty! Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog too!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word. This is amazing! I love the little flower! So pretty. Congrats! I am a great (or grand) auntie a number of times over and some of those kids are now old enough to be parents. I am not old....but my siblings are. hee hee Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Auntie!!! Of course you know I love, love the rose. Just love your card....Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on becoming an Great Auntie! Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh. . I love this! That little vase and your gorgeous flower in the matchbox has me falling off my chair! Congrats on your new little great nephew! Thanks for stamping with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this sentiment too!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! This is just amazing! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful and unique card!! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts